Alberton at a glance
Alberton property: A profile of Alberton property from a prospective buyer’s perspective, with information on facilities and attractions.
Alberton, located in the East Rand of Gauteng, was established in 1905 as a small trading centre. Today it includes multiple suburbs and provides residents with all essential services, as well as a good range of recreational opportunities. It also boasts one of the few pedestrian-friendly retail developments in Johannesburg – the Alberton Boulevard.
Alberton has a large and diverse residential property sector. Free-standing houses tend to be located on spacious lots, and a number of more modern townhouses and apartments, including affordable units in security clusters. Alberton also offers convenient access to the major economic hubs of greater Johannesburg.
Alberton offers easy access to a number of popular family attractions in the East Rand, including:
- the Rondebult Bird Sanctuary, a popular destination for birdwatchers; visitors have free access to several hides built around the area’s dams
- Germiston’s Victoria Lake, located near to Alberton is ideal for picnics and walks, and the neighbouring Germiston Country Club, which is one of Johannesburg’s finest woodlands-style golf courses
- the Rietvlei Zoo Farm, offers a beautiful outdoor experience for families and also hosts craft markets.
- the Klipsrivierberg Nature Reserve, which is the largest nature reserve in the Johannesburg Metropolitan Area and is home to a variety of large game and bird species; it includes a number of popular hiking trails.
- There are sports facilities and clubs for tennis, rugby, boxing, wrestling, cricket, jukskei, netball, hockey, soccer, bowls, korfball and ring tennis in Alberton. It is also home to the Reading Country Club and Golf Course.
Alberton includes a number of good private and government schools, at both the primary and high school levels.
Alberton's medical facilities include the Netcare Union Hospital and the Netcare Clinton Hospital, and the Mulbarton Hospital is nearby, in neighbouring Johannesburg South.
Alberton offers a pedestrian friendly boardwalk giving easy access to shopping centres such as Alberton City.
Contact a Real Partner to find out more about purchasing a property in Alberton by calling Jawitz Properties Alberton branch today.