Lowveld, Mpumalanga Property
The Lowveld is situated in the eastern reaches of Mpumalanga province, bordered by the gameparks of Sabie and the Kruger National Park. It's one of South Africa’s most hospitable regions, renowned for its golden bushveld and warm subtropical climate.
Much of the Lowveld is rural. However, the region is also home to Mpumalanga’s bustling capital, Nelspruit, and to larger towns such as Barberton, Sabie and White River. Here thriving local economies are driven by the region's three major economic sectors – mining, agriculture and tourism.
Property owners in the Lowveld enjoy a tranquil lifestyle, and are in close proximity to some of the country’s largest tracts of unspoiled wilderness. Larger towns provide access to all essential amenities, while smaller towns are known for their friendliness and low crime.
The town of Nelspruit is the region’s economic and business hub, and properties there command the highest prices. Once you move beyond the more urbanised areas, properties are large and reasonably priced compared to many other areas of South Africa.
Lowveld, Mpumalanga Attractions
For property owners in Lowveld, Mpumalanga, just some of the many attractions are:
- the massive game reserves and world-class game lodges of Eastern Mpumalanga, which are right on your doorstep
- the Shangana Cultural Village, where you can experience the traditional culture of the Shangaan people and browse the village craft market
- the Lowveld National Botanical Gardens, which span 159 hectares –incorporating a section of the Crocodile River – and are famous for their large collection of rare cycads
- the Barberton Museum, which features exhibits from the Gold Rush era that led to the founding of Barberton, as well as the history of the indigenous Swazi people.
- New High Court is nearly finished.
- University is busy with construction.
Lowveld, Mpumalanga Facilities
Nelspruit is the most populous town in the Lowveld, and home to the full range of essential services and amenities. Hospitals in the city include the Lowveld Hospital, Nelspruit Mediclinic and the Kiaat Private Hospital.
There are also public hospitals in Sabie and Barberton.
Nelspruit includes over 20 schools catering to students at all age levels. Barberton also includes a number of both English and Afrikaans medium schools for all age levels, and a small selection of schools covering all age levels are available in Sabie.
In Nelspruit, the region's two largest shopping malls – the Riverside Mall and I’langa Mall – both include a good range of department stores, boutiques, cinemas and restaurants.
Find out more about purchasing Lowveld, Mpumalanga property by contacting the Jawitz Lowveld, Mpumalanga branch today.