Hartbeespoort is a popular resort town located on the Southern flanks of the Magaliesburg mountain range in the North West Province. The picturesque town takes its name from the Hartbeespoort dam, a 2,062 hectare body of water which lies in a catchment area at the base of the Magaliesburg.
The northern shore of the dam is reminiscent of the French Riviera, with luxurious holiday homes flanking the water’s edge and climbing into the surrounding hills. The southern shores are home to more affordable properties, including freestanding homes and a number of gated communities.
Despite a property boom that has seen the town and surrounding valley modernize and develop significantly over the past two decades, the town of Hartbeespoort has retained an old-world charm. The hills around the town remain home to wild game and areas of untouched wilderness.
For many residents, Hartbeespoort
serves as an idyllic weekend getaway. Located within an hour’s drive of Johannesburg’s northern suburbs, and 30 minutes from central Pretoria, the area offers a convenient, scenic escape from city living. The town is also an ideal retirement location, and some residents are even willing to endure the commute to neighbouring cities in order to enjoy the high quality of life that the area affords.
As a popular holiday destination, Hartbeespoort has more than its fair share of attractions. These include:
- A variety of hiking trails into the surrounding Magaliesburg mountains
- A Snake Park which is home to a wide variety of indigenous snakes, reptiles and mammals
- One of the largest freshwater aquariums in South Africa
- Hartbeespoort Dam is one of the biggest attraction for water sport enthusiasts of all kinds
- An elephant sanctuary
- The Hartbeespoort cable car, which takes visitors to the summit of the mountain flanking the town
- Pecanwood Golf Estate, one of the top golf courses in the Gauteng region
- Experience the rich cultural heritage of the area or shop till you drop at the curio markets and malls.
The modernization of Hartbeespoort has seen the town enjoy the introduction of numerous essential services and conveniences. A number of open-air malls now service the area. Essential services include both private and public schools, the Hartbeespoort Medical Clinic and the town’s own post office and police station.
Besides providing residents with all the basic services they require, Hartbeespoort is located in close proximity to both Brits and Pretoria, providing easy access to additional services and facilities.
Hartbeespoort is located in the North East of the North West Province on the route to Sun City, and is within an hour’s travel from the greater Gauteng area, and is only 15km from Lanseria International Airport
Find out more about purchasing a property at Hartbeespoort by contacting the Jawitz Hartbeespoort branch today!