Knysna at a glance
Knysna property: A profile of Knysna property from a buyer’s perspective, with information on facilities and where to buy in Knysna.
Positioned between George and Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route, beautiful Knysna has it all. In terms of natural splendour, Knysna boasts one of the Cape’s most elaborate estuaries, with two headlands - known as “the Heads” - ending in cliffs that plunge spectacularly into the sea.
It also features a large picturesque lagoon with a huge variety of bird life, a protected marine reserve and one of the last remaining stretches of true indigenous forest in the Cape.
Knysna property owners also enjoy the town’s cultural status as a centre for artists, and its many craft shops, flea marks, popular cafés and restaurants. Knysna has grown enormously over the past decades and is now a bustling centre with all modern amenities - but has still retained its small-town charm.
Knysna real estate includes a wide range of options, from charming cottages and apartments, to larger homes with gardens and magnificent views. Here you can find the ideal holiday home, or the perfect place to retire. With many tourists visiting the town each year, Knysna property also provides excellent investment opportunities.
Attractions for owners of Knysna properties include:
- the town’s mild Mediterranean climate and of course its stunning natural surroundings
- a large variety of nature trails and hikes
- several world-class golf courses, including the award-winning Pezula Golf Course with its challenging 18 holes and magnificent views, Simola Golf Course - designed by Jack Nicklaus, and Knysna Golf Course, which is located right alongside the lagoon
- nearby white-sand beaches, including those at Brenton-on-sea and Buffalo Bay
- a variety of annual festivals, including the popular Knysna Oyster Festival and the Pink Loerie Mardi Gras
- Knysna elephant park, where you can interact with the elephants
- a popular waterfront development with a range of boutique stores and restaurants
Knysna properties have access to a wide range of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes. Homes in this area also have access to the best medical care, with a large private hospital and many doctors and dentists resident in the town.
Find out more about purchasing Knysna property by contacting a real partner at Jawitz Properties Knysna today!