Surrounded by towering mountain peaks, lush valleys and row upon row of vineyards, Worcester is the major agricultural, commercial and retail hub in the interior of the Western Cape.
Defined by wonderful examples of early Regency, Cape Dutch and Gothic architecture, Worcester is the focal point of the Breede River Valley, the largest wine producing region in the country.
Located on the N1 highway, only one and a half hour’s drive from Cape Town, Worcester is situated in one of the most picturesque areas in South Africa. In autumn, when the vineyards change colour into shades of red and gold, and in the depths of winter when the surrounding peaks are covered in snow, Worcester and surrounds is truly breathtaking.
Established in 1820 as an administrative centre and hunting base for the erstwhile Governor of the Cape, Worcester has long boasted all the facilities and amenities necessary for comfortable country living.
A number of schools - Breërivier High School, Drostdy Technical High School, Esselen Park Secondary School, Montana High School, Worcester Gymnasium & Worcester Secondary School – offer good education whereas the Worcester Hospital and Worcester Medi-Clinic provide primary health care.
Why buy in Worcester?
Worcester properties include original dwellings built in the 19th century, upmarket guest houses, modern, spacious family homes with all the mod cons, country cottages surrounded by vineyards and reasonably priced duplexes in security complexes.
Worcester property owners are able to enjoy countless attractions:
- The Karoo Desert National Botanical Garden offers an insight into the remarkable variety of dry, desert plants and succulents .
- Wine connoisseurs are invited to taste the tipple and tour the cellars of the 11 wineries and estates that comprise the Worcester Wine Route.
- Countless museums, art galleries and historic homesteads reflect the life and times of early Worcester.
- Fairy Glen Private Reserve, Aquila and Vrolijkheid Nature Reserves offer game viewing, birding and hiking trails in spectacular surroundings .
- Worcester Golf Club, 18-hole golf course designed by Gary Player in Worcester.
Where to Buy in Worcester
Affordable Worcester property can be found in Avian Park, Bergsig, Brandwacht, Fairway Heights, Fairy Glen, Hospital Hill, Johnson Park, Langerug, Meiringspark, Panorama, Parkersdam, Riverview,Rawsonville, Roux park, Somerset Park, Van Riebeeck Park and Worcester Central.
Find out more about purchasing Worcester properties by contacting the Jawitz Worcester branch today!