The town of Alberton
is located in the East Rand of Gauteng
, on the banks of the Natalspruit River. It's primarily a residential area, offering convenient access to the major economic hubs of greaterJohannesburg
via the N12, N3 and R59 highways.Alberton
began in 1905 as a small trading centre. Today it includes multiple suburbs and provides residents with all essential services, as well as a good range of recreational opportunities. It also boasts one of the few pedestrian-friendly retail developments in Johannesburg – the Alberton Boulevard.Alberton
has a large and diverse residential property sector. Free-standing houses tend to be located on spacious lots, and a number of more modern townhouses and apartments, including affordable units in security clusters, are available.
offers its own attractions, including:
- Rietvlei Zoo Farm, a popular outing for families and fun-loving active residents
- the Rietvlei Boeremark, a craft market offering fresh locally grown produce and a wide range of culinary treats
- Jacksons Dam, an ideal picnic, walking and fishing spot.
Alberton offers easy access to a number of popular attractions in the East Rand, including:
- the Rondebult Bird Sanctuary, a popular destination for birdwatchers; visitors have free access to several hides built around the area’s dams
- Germiston’s Victoria Lake, which is ideal for picnics and walks, and the neighbouring Germiston Country Club, which is one of Johannesburg’s finest woodlands-style golf courses
- the Klipsrivierberg Nature Reserve, which is the largest nature reserve in the Johannesburg Metropolitan Area and is home to a variety of large game and bird species; it includes a number of popular hiking trails.
includes a number of good private and government schools, at both the primary and high school levels. Well-known private schools are Cosmo Private School and Sparrow Private School, while Hoerskool Dinamika and Laerskool Randhart are respected government schools.
Alberton's medical facilities include the Netcare Union Hospital and the Netcare Clinton Hospital, and the Mulbarton Hospital is nearby, in neighbouring Johannesburg South
The renovated Alberton City
is the town’s largest and most popular mall. The new Mall of the South and Newmarket Shopping Mall are changing the game. Alberton
is also within easy driving distance of the East Rand Mall, the Glen Shopping Centre, the Bedford Centre and Eastgate shopping malls.
Find out more about purchasing or renting Alberton property by contacting the Jawitz Alberton branch today.
Corner Hennie Alberts and Lever Street,