Established, upmarket and only a 5-minute drive from the Durban CBD, Morningside
is one of the most sought-after residential areas in the tropical port city. Characterised by tree-lined avenues and classic Edwardian and Victorian architecture, the quiet residential area lies sprawled across the south bank of the Umgeni River, approximately two kilometres inland from Durban’s popular beaches.
A number of lush parks and gardens provide shaded locations for family picnics. The bustling Florida Road entertainment strip provides an eclectic mix of pubs, bistros, nightclubs and restaurants. In addition, Morningside
boasts a number of elegant consular residences, adding to the suburb’s value and appeal.
MORNINGSIDE REAL ESTATE
Morningside real estate options range from stunning mansions on large plots with sweeping views of both the Indian Ocean and city, to beautiful old family dwellings reminiscent of the colonial heydays and modern simplexes in secure gated communities. Also available among the Morningside properties for sale are modern loft apartments in mint condition, at prices tailored for entry-level buyers.
Key attractions for Morningside property owners include
- the perfumed air of Jameson Park with its collection of over 600 rose bushes and the menageries, aviaries, bandstand and brightly coloured botanical displays of the adjacent Mitchell Park Zoo
- Greyville Race Course, host to the annual Durban July, where high fashion, big betting and pounding hooves are the order of the day
- the world-class facilities and spectacular architecture of the multi-purpose Moses Mabhida Stadium, constructed for the 2010 Football World Cup
- over 3000 exotic and indigenous birds at the Umgeni River Bird Park, where a highlight is the Free Flight Bird Shows held twice a day
- lazy summer days and first class fishing at Blue Lagoon, a popular outdoor destination situated at the mouth of the Umgeni River
As an old, established suburb, Morningside offers the full range of facilities and amenities, including a good range of schools, shopping malls, cinemas, libraries and places of worship.
The Berea and Stamford Hill police stations, Overport Post Office and Durban Fire Department provide essential services, while the Parklands Private Hospital and Morningside Clinic offer excellent health care.
Find out more about purchasing Morningside property by contacting the Jawitz Morningside branch today!