Jawitz Properties, Mauritius
If it's a little bit of paradise you're looking for, a Mauritius property is for you! Mark Twain once commented that "you gather the idea that Mauritius was made first, and then heaven; and that heaven was copied after Mauritius."
Fringed by a coral reefs, Mauritius offers protected lagoons of warm turquoise water washing white sand beaches and a luxuriously green interior dotted with sugar cane plantations. It also boasts a unique culture - and deservedly famous cuisine - with a rich blend of Indian, African, Chinese and French influences.
Mauritius properties also represent a secure investment. In an island nation with a stable political environment, steady sunshine and a steady flow of tourists, the potential for tourism-related property development and rental is substantial. Mauritian property has been open to international buyers since 2004.
Mauritius itself is a small island – with an area of a little over 2000 square kilometres – that lies to the east of Madagascar and southeast of the Seychelles. The broader Republic of Mauritius includes the islands of Agalega, Cargados Carajos and Rodrigues.
For Mauritius home owners and property investors, an obvious attraction is the natural beauty of the island. Mauritius has many world-class white beaches, with associated opportunities for water sports and relaxation. It also boasts lush tropical scenery and several nature reserves.
The top attractions in Mauritius include:
- the deservedly popular Grand Baie, with its magnificent beach, trendy shops and restaurants, and lively night life and the nearby Pereybere beach, which also boasts white sand and idyllic calm water
- Port Louis, the colourful capital of Mauritius, with its vibrant markets and the Le Caudan Waterfront, for shops and entertainment
- Trou-Aux-Biches, for a picture-perfect stretch of beach with safe, shallow waters, as well as a nearby aquarium and the Maheswarnath Hindu temple
- Black River Gorges National Park - a highland area with a large reservoir and known for its fascinating flora and fauna
- Tamarin, with its excellent surfing conditions the extremely beautiful Ile Aux Cerfs, with a long stretch of sheltered beach that's especially popular for water sports, diving and snorkelling
- Flic-en-Flac on the west coast, with an unspoilt beach near a fishing village and known for excellent diving
Mauritius properties offer access to a developed infrastructure, with a diversified economy. The island is home to numerous good schools and hospitals, with towns providing access to all modern amenities and conveniences. A major international airport is located 48 kilometres to the southeast of the capital, Port Louis.
Whether it's a stunning beachfront Mauritius property, a luxurious villa or a simpler house or apartment you're looking for, the Jawitz Properties Mauritius branch in Port Louis can help make your dreams come true!